SPEAKER – MENTOR – LECTURER
Furkan Karayel is an award winning inclusive leadership advisor and CEO of Diversein.com. She has developed Inclusive Intelligence concept, providing practical steps to be a diversity and inclusion role model in the workplace. Furkan is an associate lecturer for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Master’s program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology. Her passion is leveraging women-in-tech leadership, diversity and empowering female founders globally.
Furkan founded Diversein.com after 10 years of software engineering experience in multinational tech companies in Ireland. She has been honoured with “Speaker of the Year”, “Diversity and Inclusion Role Model in Business” and “Trailblazer” Awards. She is Diversity and Inclusion Track Captain for Startup Week Dublin, Dublin Chapter Lead for Sprinters.co, a global diverse female entrepreneurs organisation and advisory board member for InspiringSTEM, promoting tech careers into new generations. Furkan judged at many startup, tech competitions and awards programs such as Startup Weekend, Coolest Projects, Top Tech Tip Challenge by AWS and Diversity in Tech Awards.
Additionally, Furkan is an active speaker at international events where she shares her learnings about experiences of the tech world as a woman, her recommendations for inclusive leadership and the power of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
“Discover, Share and Inspire”Diversein.com LinkedIn Twitter
Awards & Recognitions
- Winner of ‘Speaker of the Year’ award by WomenTech Global Awards 2020
- Winner of ‘Trailblazer’ award by Women in Tech Dublin Awards 2018
- Winner of ‘Diversity and Inclusion Role Model in Business’ award by International Diversity Leadership Awards 2018
- Shortlisted for ‘Advocate of the Year’ award by Women in IT Awards Dublin 2018
- Nominated for “Mentor of the Year” Award by Inclusive Companies Awards 2020
- Nominated for Community Champion for Diversity and Inclusion by International Diversity Leadership Awards 2018
- Nominated for Diversity Champion Award by Inclusive Companies Awards 2018
- Nominated for “Global Hero” award by Global Digital Female Leaders 2018
- Winner of “Product Innovation” Award by Openet 2013
- Diversein.com is nominated for Best Diversity and inclusion Resource Awards by Inclusive Companies Awards 2018